Part
1: Cebu-Bohol Escapade (Day 1) – To Cebu!!
On the weekend celebration of
Filipino's independence, we head to explore the provinces of Cebu and
Bohol. I am very pleased with the trip as we managed to experience
different things here, though with a limited time, maybe we could just
visit it again.
Cebu can be reached through
plane via Mactan International Airport. If you're on a tight budget and
you don't mind few days of journey, try going to Cebu via ferry.
Meanwhile, in Cebu, taxis are everywhere. You may also like to take a
jeepney, that is, if you know where your destination is.
On our very first day, we head
ourselves to Pier 1. We're planning to go to Bohol via ferry, and as
from other blogs, it's just an hour or two away from Cebu. There are
different Pier locations of different shipping lines, I suggest, make
sure you know the company shipping line where you would like to buy your
ferry tickets, and of course you should be aware of their schedule.
For your convenience,
I'll be posting <soon> the list of shipping lines and
schedules available from Cebu to Tagbilaran (and vice versa).
We
bought our tickets from MV Ocean Jet costing us Php500.00 one-way
Tagbilaran to Cebu route. They have discounts for round trip tickets for
Php800.00. Why didn't I buy roundtrip? It's because I'm planning to
take the Cebu-Tubigon route via MV Starcraft. Tubigon is also in Bohol
and just an hour away in Cebu. Tubigon port is much closer to Danao,
where we would take our adventurous feet first. Hehehe.
Anyway,
we're done in buying our tickets to Ocean Jet in Pier 1. Where's MV
StarCraft? I've asked passengers' helpdesk assistance and no one could
tell me where it is (how helpful). I'm thinking it's supposed to be
like other shipping line where they have their own booth for passengers
to buy ticket. But I see none! Pier 1 ticket booth is just small for me
not to see it, right?
And then, I saw two guys wearing
MV Starcraft shirt. You're our savior! I asked them, "Manong, san po
ung MV Starcraft?" (Do you know where's MV Starcraft?) And then the guy
spoke in Bisaya (Cebuano language) which I didn't understand. While he's
uttering it, he's pointing out a maroon van. All i can understand is
"maroon!" Aaah, to maroon van! Okay, now I understand. Looks like MV
Starcraft doesn't have their own booth.
Upon reaching MV Starcraft's
van, we've been told that they do not book in advance. We're planning to
go to Bohol via Tubigon on our 3rd day, very early morning. I already
saw from the net that MV Starcraft has a 5:45 am schedule and we would
like to have more time on our itenerary. They just told us to be in the
port very early, at least an hour ahead of schedule. The van wouldn't be
available that early so just stick around the Pier and you'll see it
somewhere close. Challenging eh?!
TIP: If you'll be taking the MV Starcraft, just always ask the guys roaming around Pier 1, where to buy tickets.
After buying tickets, we take a
cab again to check hotel accomodations available. We don't have bookings
as we're thinking there are lot of hotels around. We asked taxi driver
to bring us to Sampagutia Suites Hotel in Plaza Garcia. Maybe he
overheard the Plaza Garcia, to our dismay, he brought us to Sampaguita
Suites in Fuente Osmeña Circle, we found it out when we were already
inside the hotel. And to our disappointment, there's no available room
on both branches.
TIP: It's a holiday/long weekend! Book your hotels in advance! Hehehe!
Walking along Osmeña Circle and
exhausted, we found the Elegant Circle Hotel. Much expensive than
Sampaguita, the only consolation is we can check in early and its
already available.
Elegant Circle Hotel
Fuente Osmeña, Cebu City
Economy Room Php 995 for 2 pax
Php 350/additional pax
With aircon, cable tv, cr, two single beds.
They also have standard rooms, deluxe rooms, etc.
We were hungry and we then
proceed to Joven's Grill and Seafood (just walking distance from our
hotel). Buffet style/eat-all-you can for only Php 120.00 for four
dishes, and Php 170.00 for everything including drinks and desserts.
My friend focused on eating
their mixed seafoods, and sadly she got an extreme allergy afterwards.
Nothing happened to the three of us, I guess, just be careful on their
seafoods. But the food is great though, for me.
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento